Near real time RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC)
onos-ric is the near real time RAN Intelligent Controller subsystem for ONOS (µONOS Architecture) following the O-RAN Architecture.
It is a work in progress and follows developments in the O-RAN working groups.
- onos-ran-ho - a Handover application packaged as a Cloud Native micro service
- onos-ran-mlb - a Load Balancing application packaged as a Cloud Native micro service
- onos-cli - the command line interface of µONOS
- onos-gui - the Web based interface of µONOS
On the southbound it relies on gRPC connections to:
- An interface e2ap for O-RAN Access Protocol provided by
- An interface e2sm for O-RAN Service Model provided by
- An interface e2 for older X-RAN commands provided by
- onos-topo - the µONOS Topology Service
onos-ric also gathers metrics using the Prometheus API, which can be used to track KPIs during operation.